Help us Connect the Community
Rochester Ecology Partners is seeking Researchers / Community Engagement Specialists for our project to connect groups dedicated to improving community well-being and the environment for all in the Rochester Region. We are looking to hire individuals from Monroe County and Ontario County.
The Environmental Organization Landscape Analysis (EOLA) Researcher / Community Engagement Specialist will connect with and learn about the activities of organizations dedicated to improving community well-being and the environment for all.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- use a variety of sources to gather information about organizations
- conduct interviews with community members and lead activities designed to gather information about research questions
- collaborate with the research team to develop and manage research methods
- compile and analyze data according to established methods
Desired Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
The following qualifications are desired but not required. The position will be filled by someone who is the best fit for the position.
- relationships in your county or community related to environmental or social justice
- comfortable with public speaking and conducting one on one interviews with community leaders
- experience with community based research
- knowledge of spreadsheets and other data gathering software such as excel
Work Environment / Expectations
- temporary position
- up to 15 hours a week
- online and in person work required
- travel to locations around the Rochester region is requires
$16.00 – 17.00 / hr
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.