Work With Us This Summer
Rochester Ecology Partners is seeking a part time Neighborhood Nature Program Assistant for the summer. This job is perfect for anyone who wants to lead young people in fun and interesting activities that get them exploring nature in their neighborhoods.
The Neighborhood Nature Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the Neighborhood Nature program during the summer of 2022. The Neighborhood Nature program operates two mornings and one full day a week at partner sites and the program assistant will be responsible for leading activities with youth 8-13.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- work four to right hour shifts at two different locations weekly between July 5 and August 26
participate in training between June 27 and June 30
- ensure the safety of youth participants
- work with the Neighborhood Nature Program Manager to organize and facilitate activities
- lead 8-13 year olds in nature based learning activities
- create an environment of joy and excitement about nature based learning
- assist in the management of materials
Desired Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
The following qualifications are desired but not required. The position will be filled by someone who is the best fit for the position.
- experience working with youth in an outdoor or camp setting
environmental education training
- ability to manage a variety of tasks
- flexibility and creativity when faced with challenges
- the ability to work collaboratively in person and digitally with members of a team
- cultural competence and the ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
Work Environment / Expectations
16 hours a week
In person at two locations in the Southwest area of the city, additional locations depending on the schedule
Outdoors most of the time
Some days will be off site field trips.
$16.00 / hr
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.